Thank you so much, https://followinghimbesidestillwaters.wordpress.com for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! 🙂 I’m sorry it took me so long post it; I got stuck on working on other writing, projects and it took a while to come up with things say about myself. Some may find that shocking, but I don’t like to talk about myself. 😄
Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
Post about the award
Share 7 facts about yourself
Nominate at most 15 people
Tell your nominees the good news!
7 Facts About Me:
- At the age of six, I convinced my mom that I wanted to become a Lutheran. We left our Southern Baptist heritage, and I became a Lutheran pastor.
- I met my wife on the campus of Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, IN. She was there taking American Sign Language, and I was taking Summer Greek classes. We initially started just to create a stir, or so we told ourselves.
- People would be shocked to know that I am actually an introvert. When you think of an introvert, most people assume they are socially awkward. However, the reality is that we just need to recharge our batteries away from the crowds. We can function quite normally in society.
- I once stood in line for an hour to see the first Star Wars movie.
- Growing up I did not like writing. As a matter of fact, I nearly did not pass English. What turned my English life around was one teacher in ninth grade that I had a crush on. She got my attention and wanting to impress her, went from D-student to and A-student in High school. I later found out she was dating a football player at the college.
- At the Seminary. I nearly quit. It was not fun, and I felt this was not the career for me. I gave God an ultimatum. “If you want me to be a pastor you need to send me a sign.” Never challenge God. About two days later I received word that I was one of two students that had been selected by a congregation in Decatur, Il to get a $10,000 scholarship to cover my Seminary tuition. How do you ignore that sign?
- I started blogging because I watched a Webinar and God placed the call on my heart to do this. I had no idea why. I didn’t know if what I would write would be received or ever read. Every week the people who read my blog, remind me why God gave me this work to do and just how blessed I am to be a blessing to others.
This is my fourth award! I feel so honored. 🙂